Sunday, May 18, 2008

a perfect saturday . . . continued

grimes finished my mother's day present - a beautiful, hand-crafted adirondack chair! I just love that one of his hobbies is woodworking as we are slowing building a collection of family heirlooms. grimes reminds me that this is lawn furniture and not of heirloom quality, but I am blessed and impressed nonetheless!



looks like I have a little competition for my new chair - susannah likes it too! She actually helped grimes make it. I went outside one evening and she was holding her own piece of sandpaper and sanding alongside daddy. I love seeing her fondness for working alongside daddy as it brings back happy memories from my own childhood.


later in the afternoon we went out to the nursery to pick out some flowers and planted our window boxes - and various other projects around the yard.


and lastly, susannah enjoying her swing.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm very impressed with Grimes' woodworking abilities, and great present! That's beautiful. It was really fun seeing you guys last night!

Lindsay Jordan said...

This could be my favorite Williams post! I love the chair! Maybe Ford will need to come take some lessons...